Senior Software Developer – Applications
Job Description: Position available at Optcapital, LLC in Charlotte, NC, to primarily plan, design, develop, and modify specialized financial and administrative computer application software. Also be responsible for application analysis, design, development, integration, enhancement, maintenance and support of deferred compensation systems. Provide technical expertise, team leadership, and coaching on moderate to highly complex projects/systems/issues that require extensive skill and experience. Perform on multiple projects as a project team member or as a project technical leader. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the project planning process with clients, business analysts and team members. Drive conceptual and detailed design in collaboration with team members;
- Identify system requirements. Assist in devising or modifying procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components;
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for application packages and tools or custom systems;
- Analyze existing applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement when assigned;
- Develop conversion and migration designs. Assist in final deployment of code to appropriate server, ensuring that elements are in place for new functionality/applications;
- Develop application specifications. Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Assist in identifying data feed sources and may interface with vendors and architects to ensure feasibility with the corporate data needs/reporting warehouse;
- Adhere to quality standards and procedures. Review modules for quality assurance and check compliance with application architecture standards;
- Conduct unit testing of application modules to ensure application meets specifications;
- Develop and implement integration plans. Incorporate plans into integration testing process;
- Document functions and changes to new or modified modules, test activities/results as well as other areas such as error handling and backup/recovery procedures;
- Provide ongoing complex maintenance of applications;
- Make modules production ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.;
- Provide Tier II (application) support. Troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions;
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members;
- Perform code reviews to ensure compliance with company standards and practices.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- Four (4) years of work experience in the information technology industry.
- Three (3) years of work experience in developing or supporting benefits administration systems, brokerage systems, or retirement systems (option plans, non-qualified plans, or 401K plans); business process knowledge specific to deferred compensation products and systems.
- Four (4) years of work experience in using the following software:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Transact SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Microsoft Application Server Pages (ASP) and ASP.Net
- Microsoft Office
- Visual Basic.NET & C#
- HTML and XML
- Microsoft Dynamics configuration and administration
- MediaWiki customization, configuration and administration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) configuration and administration
- Microsoft Active Directory configuration and administration
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (sFTP) scripting and integration
- Three (3) years of work experience in deferred compensation and financial/brokerage systems.
Employment subject to employer’s normal screening/testing.
Location of employment: 200 South College Street, Floor 16, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Mecklenburg County)
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.